Reiki (ray-key) is Japanese for ‘universal life energy, and is also a word used to describe a system of natural healing. This tradition was founded by Dr Mikao Usui in the early 20th century and evolved as a result of his research, experience and dedication.
The “Universal Life Energy ” is the life force or living energy that sustains life of organs, cells, tissue, and blood. As a spiritual entity the life force is considered our connective flow to the creator. Chinese refer to the life force as chi or qi. Hindus call it prana. Greeks know it as pneuma. Japanese refer to it as ki.
Reiki is an ancient laying-on of hands healing technique that uses the life force energy to heal, balancing the subtle energies within our bodies. Reiki addresses physical, emotional, mental and spiritual imbalances. This healing art is an effective delivery system. The Reiki practitioner serves as a vessel that supplies healing energies where they are most needed. Reiki’s energy flow out of the practitioner’s body through the palms of the hands while they are touching the recipient’s body.
Some Of The Reiki Healing Health Benefits:
– Creates deep relaxation and aids the body to release stress and tension
– It accelerates body’s self-healing abilities
– Aids better sleep
– Can help with tiredness, post natal recovery and even post-natal depression.
– Reduces blood pressure
– Can help with acute (injuries) and chronic problems (asthma, eczema, headaches, etc.) and aides the breaking of addictions
– Helps relieve pain
– Removes energy blockages, adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system bringing the body into balance and harmony
– Assists the body in cleaning itself from toxins,
– Reduces some of the side effects of drugs and helps the body to recover from drug therapy after surgery and chemotherapy
– Supports the immune system
– Increases vitality and postpones the aging process
– Raises the vibrational frequency of the body
– Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing